To getting started to your Financial Freedom is not easy. It requires discipline, courage & self-determination. But I firmly believe that every individual has their Financial genius, but it remains asleep perhaps, due to the cultural factors that we get to our family. My Parents is responsible, they work hard to earn a living & brought us to school. They often admonished me to finish studying so that I can land a good job that gives me a good compensation, though it's not bad but later in my life when I began to study about financial literacy I realized that my parents teaching
How I came up to awaken my Financial Genius? And if you want, you can apply it too.
1. Know Your Greater Purpose
I write my 100 emotional reason why? I want & don't want on a paper, I place it in front of my drawer. I read it, and it fuels me to get started & to be decipline. So why 100 reasons? because 100 reasons is more effective than 10 reasons. And it's easy for you to get started if you have a compelling emotional reasons. One of my emotional reason is that I want to spent more time to my father while working & earning at home. I want to have time & financial freedom. I want to work on my flexible time. What is yours?
2. The Power of Choice
What I choose daily, to be poor, to be in middle class or to be rich? The amount of money you recieve you have a power of choice on how you use it. Like me, the moment I recieve my salary, I set aside a portion of my education & investment, a portion to tithe, a portion to give my family & whatever is left is my expenses. What is your choice? harder at the beginning & become easier at the end? or easier at the beginning but become harder at the end?3. I Surround Myself with people that I have the same InterestI surround myself with people that have the same interest, I joined Facebook groups & forums that talks about money. I talk to them, in that way I learned from them how they manage their hard earned money. Read books to gain more knowledge & wisdom.
4. Learn New SkillsMastering a formula is like making a dough, it has a recipe to be follow. Like me when I first learned Facebook Advertising, I am happy I collect email list, doing it again until dive in to learn about Facebook retargetting , blog monitization,creating a landing page, how to send email series & email list building. I realized then, that when you start the first step another step will open to you. And with my persistant to learn new things, I earn extra income on it.
5. Pay Yourself FirstThe word Pay Yourself First is came from the book The Richest Man In Babylon by: George S. Clason. This step is hard to follow if you don't have enough decipline to do it. It's easy only to say but it's hard to act. I commit to pay myself first & look at it as my obligation, and if Im about to tempt not to do this, I look over my 100 emotional reason why, and I ask to myself why I start doing this?
6. Need For Hero/IdolThe need to be a hero is essential, so you can duplicate their footprints. Bo Sanchez is my hero in stock market investing. I follow his blog read many of his book then I invest Stock Market. Francisco Colayco, Robert Kiyosaki is my hero I read their books & listen their talks. I have also a hero in Internet Marketing, like Jomar Hilario he teaches me on how to work at home to earn dollar. In every aspect of life that you want to improve you need to have a hero to follow & duplicate them.
7. Teach & You shall RecieveI believe in the "Law of Reciprocity " whatever you give the universe will be given back to you. That's why I believe in tihting. If I learn new things I share it to my friend who is willing to learn, it's a win win situation I teach then I learn more.